What If? Survival Guide
Important City Phone Numbers
Action Center - 816-513-1313
Abandoned Cars on Private Property - 816-513-9000
Abandoned Cars on Public Property - 816-234-5000
Abandoned Houses - 816-513-9000
Air Quality - 816-513-6314
Animal Control - 816-513-9800
Barrier Removal Program - Call 816-513-3000
Block Party - 816-513 -2668
Broken Street Signs - 816-513-9301
Building Permits - 816-513-1451
Community Recycling Center - 816-561-1090
Curb Reconstruction - 816-513-2590
Dangerous Buildings - 816-513-9000
Dangerous Sidewalks - Call - 816-513-7990
Digging in My Yard -I-800-DIG-RITE
Drop Leaves and Brush - 816-513-3490
Environmental Management - 816-513-3490.
Missouri Highway and Transportation - 816-622-6500
Missouri Organic Recycling - Call - 816-483-0908
Multi-Purpose Center - Christine Jenkins at 816-784-4500 or ChrisJenkins@kcmo.org
Household Hazardous Waste - 816-784-2080
Housing Code Violations - 816-513-9000
Illegal Dumping Hotline 816-513-3485
Parks and Community Centers - 816-513-7500
Potholes - 816-513-2777 or 816-513-9224
Recycling Center Locations - 8l6-513-1090
Sewer Problems - 816-513-2180
Sidewalk Repairs - 816-513-2602
Stray Animals - 816-513-9800 or email@example.com
Storm Drains 816-513-2180
Street Light Repairs - 816-654-1400
Thornberry Center Youth and Families - Micki Burns at 816-921-3323
Crime and Safety
Code Violations and Abandoned Vehicles - (8l6) 513-1313
Gang Unit (Gang Activity and Graffiti) (816) 482-8235
Parking Control (Illegally Parked Cars) (816) 759-6332
The Illegal Dumping Hotline number is 816-513-3485.
TIPS Hotline (Drug House and Street Sales) (816) 474-TIPS
Traffic Enforcement (Speeding Vehicles) (816) 482-8180
Central Patrol Division (816) 234-5510
East Patrol Division (816) 234-5530
Metro Patrol Division (816) 234-5520
Voting in the Next Election Kansas City Board of Elections 1828 Walnut
Kansas City, MO 64108 816-842-4820
Jackson County Election Board 112 West Lexington, Room 110
Independence, MO 64050
4900 Swope Parkway
Contact: Jean Davis at 816-513-2845 or Jean Davis@kcmo.org
Citadel Homeowners’ Associations, INC
Mailing: P.O. Box 22725, Kansas City, MO 64113
What Is a Codes Violation?
Nuisance Violations and Property Maintenance Violations.
Failure to comply with City ordinance results in a code violation. The results of
being cited with a code violation can be a monetary fine and/or a jail sentence.
Do you have questions? Do you want to report a code violation? Call Neighborhood Preservation at 513-9000.
For other questions, call Neighborhood & Community Services at 513-3200.
What is a nuisance violation?
1. Litter, trash, refuse or rubbish on premises, including sidewalks and easement areas.
2. Weeds or grass over 12” high.
3. Improper storage (building material must be neatly stacked off of the ground)
4. Tree limbs or brush in yard
5. Disabled and unlicensed vehicles
6. Improperly parked vehicles, not on approved surfaces (normally asphalt or concrete)
What is a property maintenance violation?
1. peeling paint
2. Rotten or broken house eaves
3. Hanging or missing rain guttering
4. Broken or coached windows
5. Stairs that are in disrepair, loose or missing boards or railings
6. Roofs that have missing shingles or holes
7. Exterior walls that have holes, cracks, or rotten wood
8. Garages that do not have working doors and have peeling paint
9. Cracked foundations